Set a Folder View of Your Choice in Windows Explorer
Most of us open Windows Explorer whenever we wish to view the file system on our computer. The folder view in Windows Explorer is set by Microsoft by default. However, if you are not too happy with the default folder view set by Microsoft or if you feel that it is complicated, you may change the folder view and apply it to all folders on the PC as per your preference.
Follow the below mentioned procedure.
- Go to Windows Explorer. Choose the view that you like better. For example, if would like to view Detailed Style folders, you need go to “View” menu and select “Details”.
- Now, go to “Tools” menu and choose “Folder Options”.
- In the Folder Options window, click on the tab “View”.
- Under the section “Folder Views”, click on the button with the option for applying the settings to all folders.
- You will get a message asking for confirmation for setting the current folder view for all folders on the PC and notifying you that the changes will be effective when you open the folders next time. You need to click on “Yes”.
- Click on “OK” button to finish.
Using this method, you may set the default folder view as Thumbnails, List, Icons, Details or Tiles in Windows Vista and XP.