How To Stop Windows Live Messenger From Loading During System Startup
MSN Messenger or Windows Live Messenger is a well-known messaging service client which is used worldwide by a lot of people to keep in touch with friends and family. Windows Live Messenger is preset to auto start the moment you logon to your PC so that you get an easy access to your messenger account.
Though regular users of WLM would appreciate this configuration, some infrequent users might find it quite annoying. Also during the startup process, many programs/ applications utilize memory resources which make the PC to slow down. Therefore, some users may not want to further decrease their PC speed by starting WLM at the same time.
Nevertheless, you can stop Windows Live Messenger from opening during system startup by following the simple procedure mentioned below.
- First of all, launch Windows Live Messenger and sign in to it.
- Go to Tools and select “Options”.
- Incase your PC has an old version of WLM, go to “Preferences” and then to the option “General”.
However, if you use the latest WLM version, look into the left window pane and select the option “Sign In”.
- Uncheck the checkbox corresponding to the option that automatically runs WLM when a user logs in to Windows.
- Save the changes by clicking on “OK” button.
Once you have made the above mentioned settings, you will notice that Windows Live Messenger will not run at System Startup when you logon to Windows next time.