Store Most If Not All Your Data Online For Free
You don’t have to store any of your digital data on your local system any more. Tons of new services spring up every now and then, which offer services that lets you store your digital data, almost everything from photos to videos, music to documents and much more and most of these services are free or come with a cheap monthly/yearly rental.
Freedom of movement:
The advantage of such services are that you are not tied to a single computer or particular location. You can access any of your data from anywhere in the world, and all you need is to be connected to the internet.
Fight for Freedom is always risky:
One of the major disadvantages is that you will be using 3rd party services to store your data. What if any of these folks go down tomorrow for whatever reason? You pretty much loose all your data. It’s advisable that you keep back up of all your data on some sort of secondar storage device, which will save you in case you encounter such situations.
Never store any of your personal, confidential or any important private data on such storage services. These services will have access to inspect your data. Not that they are jobless to do so, but it is better to be safe rather than repenting later if something goes wrong.
Two of my favorite services are :
- What is GMail Drive ? How Can I Use GMail Drive As Temporary Storage Device?
- What Are The Causes of Downtime in Data Centers
- What Are External Hard Drives ? What Is The Advantage Of External Hard Drive Over Regular Internal Hard Drives
- How Can I Make Free Calls To Friends On Internet – True Freedom ‘Fringing’
- How To Recover Lost Computer Data: Undelete Your Troubles Away!