How to Stop Computer Crashes?
Many people face a lot of problems when their computer crashes like loss of vital data, memorable pictures, stored ids and passwords, important documents, installed programs and many more. This type of problems can significantly lessen your patience and productivity. There are many ways to solve this issue, some of them you will find in this article.
Causes of Computer Crashes
- Corrupt Registry could be the one of the causes that leads to system crash. Fixing of registry errors will allow you to prevent computer crashes as well as freezing. Registry cleaning is an activity, which you should perform every few days.
- Generally, this type of problem can take place anytime, especially when there are some hardware or software application issues. Try to recollect if you had made any kind of changes on your computer right before it began to crash frequently. You might just figure out the problem, simply by backtracking almost any kind of modifications that you have made on your computer.
- If you are confronting crashing problem after installing a new hardware or RAM, then there might be problem with the driver. Therefore, you will have to update the hardware driver at the earliest.
- In case you have not installed any new hardware, try to recall if you have installed any new driver for the existing hardware. If it is so, then you should uninstall that driver and reinstall the appropriate one.
- One more reason, which could crash your system, is HDD driver. Hard drive is a computer component, which often crashes the computer if it has bad sectors in it. You should change your old hard disk in case it has many bad sectors.
If the above-mentioned method does not work, then you should take the backup of your data, format the system, and install the windows or any other operating system all over again. This might seems like a cumbersome task, but it is the most successful solution.
Reinstallation of Windows will take few hours, but it will make your computer much fast and risk free.
System crash is one of the most common problems faced by people these days because of unnecessary software applications, which are being installed on the computers. However, you can follow the below mentioned steps to resolve your issues:
Defragmentation of hard disk makes surplus space by reallocating the files. For windows, you can follow this for Defragging HDD, Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Defragmenter.
Check disk utility is for finding out and clearing the bad sectors by going to
Start > Computer > Right Click and click on properties > Select Tools > CHKDSK
Start > Run > Type CHKDSK