System Requirements For Windows7
The latest release from Microsoft, the Windows7 RC helps the corporate house take a step ahead to release the Windows 7 Operating System as the final product. Along with the product release, the company has also released the requirements (hardware and software) that will support the latest Operating System from Microsoft.
The system requirements of the final product have been slightly modified with respect to the earlier edition or the trial version of this product.
The hardware requirements (minimum) for supporting Windows 7 is
- 1 GHz 64 bit or 32 bit processor.
- RAM of 1 GB for the 32 bit version and 2 GB RAM for the 64 bit version.
- A minimum disk space of 16 GB for the 32 bit version and available disk space of 20 GB for the 64 bit version.
- A graphics device from DirectX having a driver equivalent to WDDM 1.0
Other than this, if you want to install the Windows Virtual PC and use it, then you need to have the minimum requirements as
- 2 GB RAM
- An additional available disk space of 15 GB
- A Central Processing Unit(CPU) supporting AMD-V or Intel-VT
The above mentioned requirements are for all the versions of Windows 7 Operating System. The requirements are almost same to those required for the Windows Vista Operating System. Therefore upgrading to Windows 7 from Windows Vista is pretty simple and convenient. It doesn’t need much of a system change and thus can be easily done.