Windows 7 – Registry Trick To Accelerate Taskbar Thumbnails Preview
Windows 7 users must be quite familiar with the taskbar thumbnail preview feature. This useful Windows 7 feature has ability to generate preview thumbnails of taskbar items whenever the user moves the mouse pointer over the application/program icon. However, it takes some time to show the preview after the mouse pointer is moved over an icon.
You may use a simple registry trick to accelerate the taskbar thumbnail preview in Windows 7. You just need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Click on the “Start” button to display the Start Menu and go to “Run”. Type in “regedit” and press “Enter” to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the below mentioned registry Key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
- Within the right window pane, locate “MouseHoverTime” and double-click on it. Alter its value data to “0” and click on the “OK” button so as to save the new value.
- Exit the Registry Editor. Now, restart your system to make the changes effective.
Once you have made the above changes in the system registry, you may move your mouse pointer over any program icon on the taskbar to verify whether the thumbnail preview is generated faster then before.
Use Adobe Photoshop Speedup To Accelerate Startup Time Of Adobe Photoshop
No one can disagree with the fact that Adobe Photoshop is the most powerful graphics editing program that is loaded with some of the great features. However, regular users of Adobe Photoshop often tend to have complains regarding program startup. This graphics application takes a bit too long to startup as it requires loading a number of plugins.
The users using old PCs are the ones who have a worst experience with this issue. However, Photoshop users can have a sigh of relief with this new speed up program called “Adobe Photoshop Speedup”. This freeware has ability to filter and disable all the plugins to Photoshop that you do not need. Adobe Photoshop Speedup allows users to choose the plugins which they do not use and do not wish to load.
The moment these plugins are disabled, the overall startup time of Photoshop will be reduced considerably and users will be able to enjoy better performance. The disabled plugins can be easily activated and loaded as and when required. Moreover, by using this speedup program, users can also opt not to load CMap and Base folders for Adobe Fonts as well as Adobe Photoshop Presets.
Adobe Photoshop Speedup works with most Windows Operating Systems. If you wish to enhance the startup speed of your Adobe Photoshop, you can download this speedup program free of charge from the internet. The key features of this program are mentioned as follows:
- Free Utility that can be used to tweak Adobe Photoshop starting from version 4 to version 8.
- Allows user to enable/disable the plugins as required.
- Users can choose not to load CMap and Base folders.
- Users can opt not to load Photoshop Presets.
- Reset and optimize Maximum Memory Usage.
- Simply click on Restore button to restore the original settings whenever necessary.