If you want to make your online purchases and shopping easier, leave your debit cards and credit cards at home and start paying with Apple Pay! Make in-store and online purchases with your iPhone easier with a touch of the home button. Here is how to setup Apple Pay on iPhone and iPad to start using it.
Setup Apple Pay on iPhone and iPad
Step 1: Add a card for Apple Pay
- Launch Wallet app on your Apple device. Tap on the ‘+‘ button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on “NEXT” to be able to manually enter/scan the debit card/credit card information with your phone’s camera.
- Tap “NEXT” to manually enter your card’s expiration date and security code.
- Now, all you have to do is click on “Agree” to the terms and conditions that show up.
Step 2: Verification of the card
- Select your verification method. Apple will send you a code for verification
- Enter the verification code that you got. Depending on your selection, you should get it via email, text or phone call.
- Once you enter the code, your verification will be complete.
Note: If you want to enter a new debit/credit card, follow the same steps mentioned above.
Note: The camera scan method for obtaining your card’s details only works with embossed numbers. If the numbers are printed on the card, you have to enter them manually.
Step 3: Authorization of the card for Apple Pay
There are different authorization procedures followed by different banks for authorization of the card. Some of them automatically authorize the card when you accept Apple’s terms and conditions. Others will require an activation code that the bank will send you via text/email/phone call.
So that is that. This is how you setup Apple Pay on iPhone and iPad.
- If you want to change the default card, you can select the card you want to be the default card by going to settings>Wallet & Apple Pay. Select the card you want to be default. A default card makes it easier and faster to use.
- If you want to remove a card from Apple Pay, go to Settings>Wallet & Apple Pay and select the card that you want to remove. Tap on “REMOVE CARD” at the bottom. Scroll all the way down.
- If you are having trouble using your cards with Apple Pay, try re-entering the details again. If it does not work, you may have to call up your bank to do the same.
So good luck to setup Apple Pay on iPhone and iPad. If you have any questions, ask them in the comments below.