Easy Steps to Add, Insert Or Attach A File In Excel Worksheet
It’s really a time consuming process to attach worksheet and related files separately. Microsoft Office excel allows users to attach important files to worksheet for instant access and better use of both documents. With this feature users will be able to access files directly from the workbook. Users will definitely get access to their important documents via excel sheet without opening other tab.
By adding these files to the worksheet, users make it more presentable and effective to understand thoroughly. It really reduces or almost eliminates hassle process of integrating the two files with each other. If you have any doubts regarding how to insert file in an excel sheet, then simply follow the given steps systematically.
- Open an Excel workbook. Switch to particular worksheet where you want to insert file.
- Select and highlight the certain cell where you need to put related files.
- In ribbon interface or menu bar tap on “Insert”
- Select Object
- A dialogue box will be popped up showing two options namely, “Create New” and “Create From File”.
- You just choose “Create New” option for creating new files to add in excel worksheet few certain file formats are such as Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word, OpenDocument, WordPad Document etc. These above options are just for creating new files then add them to excel sheets. However, here we are going to deal only existing files to add in excel worksheet. So it is better to choose “Create from File” option.
- Tap on the “Browse” option and choose the specific file to add into the worksheet.
- There are two more options to add and insert files into excel worksheet:
- Link To File: Users can insert contents and data into document and create a link to original source file. Changes to source file will be reflected in excel worksheet.
- Display As Icon: add or insert an specific icon, which represents contents of the particular file into Excel worksheet.
- Tick or Mark the respective checkboxes according to your preferences. Until you select or tick the boxes, you will not be allowed to see the options.
- Optionally, you can change the icon by clicking on Change Icon option. It will happen only when you have selected “Display as icon” option.
- Finally, tap on Ok button. The specific file will be added to excel sheet associated with content or as icon.
There is option to shift or move the file in a worksheet. By double clicking on the file, it will open in default editor program. You must adhere to the sequence and the order of this useful tutorial to get targeted result.
Fix The Error – Virtual Windows XP Mode VHD Cannot Install Or Attach In Windows 7
In Windows 7 OS, when you go to install Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC, installation process may stop and show the following error messages:
“The file could not be written.”
“Virtual hard disk could not be attached to the virtual machine. Please check the values provided and try again.”
This error massage is also displayed even when all the system requirements have been fulfilled by the computer hardware, including the requirements that are especially required for installing Windows Virtual PC such as hardware-assisted virtualization. There are more than one reasons associated with this problem when you try to install and run Windows 7 Virtual XP Mode.
One of the main reasons is Kaspersky Anti-virus and Kaspersky Internet Security and some other similar security crisis. These over zealously tends to prevent the computer from installation of third party or potentially malicious application. When it opts for the Kaspersky security application, the “Application Activity Analyzer” proactive feature is a most possible thing that prevents the system to run on Windows XP Mode and the virtual machine.
You have to stop the scanning and the detection activity for Hidden Objects in the Proactive Defense setting or Application Activity Analyzer (it depends upon the version of Kaspersky application). This is one of the effective ways while fixing the setup error of Windows XP Mode (XPM) in Windows 7. When you apply the above setting successfully, the Windows XP Mode would be installed properly.
As per the advanced standard procedure, you could disable the Kaspersky or any anti-virus application installed on your computer. After that, you could reinstall the Virtual Windows XP Mode and only then, you will be able to install Windows XP Mode faultlessly. Once completing the installation process, you could re-enable your anti-virus and security applications. These applications will not at all interfere in the working of Windows XP Mode.
Using about:config in Mozilla to Tweak Advanced Settings
Apart from the typical settings that you encounter in Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Suite, there is an entire world of settings that can be tweaked to make these applications more personal. This is done using the about:config interface that is hidden in the Mozilla settings by default. Read on to know how you can use the about:config setup to tweak various settings in Mozilla suite as per your needs and tastes.
The first step is to open the Mozilla browser, and type in about:config in the address bar and then press Enter. You will first receive a warning message that changing anything in the page you want to view may have serious repercussion on the safety, stability and security of Mozilla. Click on “I’ll be careful, I Promise!” and you are then taken to the about:config page.
Use the filter bar at the top to narrow down the list to a specific area that you want to tweak. For instance, you can type in Network – and all the network related options are then displayed in the browser window, nothing else.
Now, to change any field, right click on the field, right-click on it and select Modify. A small window pops up, containing the value for that field. Enter the new value and press enter. In some case, right-clicking displays Toggle instead of Modify – meaning that the particular field cannot be modified.
You can even add a new preference setting. For this, you have to right-click at any point in the browser window and then select New -> String/Integer/Boolean. After this, a small window will appear asking you to enter the relevant details. After you have done so, you can click on OK, and the new value will be created.
Keep in mind that you have to be an advanced user to use about:config properly. If you do not have the necessary expertise, then you are better off not using about:config.