Detect Malicious Processes Running On Your PC
If you have an internet connection and stay connected to the web for long hours, it is quite natural for your PC to be prone to a number of malwares, viruses and spywares. The problems caused by such malicious codes are pretty difficult to handle and sometimes take a long time to resolve. Most of the times, you have no other option but to format your system to get rid of malwares.
Most of these malwares get downloaded and installed on your system on their own. Many times, the antivirus on your PC is unable to detect such malwares and even if it manages to detect the threat not all antivirus applications can get rid of them. Even boot-time scanning doesn’t help at times.
Many malwares tend to block access to most popular antivirus websites such as AVG, Norton, Avira, Kaspersky etc. making it almost impossible for you to download an anti-malware or antivirus product. Above all, such malwares also disable system restore and do not allow you to boot your PC in Safe Mode.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you detect and stop any harmful processes from running/ executing on your system. Once you detect them, you need to kill such processes manually.
Follow the below mentioned steps to detect harmful processes:
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Tab hotkeys in order to launch the Windows Task Manager.
- Go to the tab “Processes” to view the list of all the processes that are running on your PC.
- If you happen to be familiar with the running processes, try to identify the suspicious process. You need to copy the name of the process and search it in ProcessLibrary.
- If you are unable to identify the malicious process, you may download a tool named “Process Viewer” and install it so that the tool can do the task of examining the processes.
- Once you have identified the malicious process using Process Viewer, all you need to do is, kill the process through the Task Manager.
It is always better to identify the malicious processes and kill them right away rather than spending hours together to get rid of the dangerous viruses after they affect your PC. You can activate your task Manger if it is not enabled by following the intructions here.