Try Out These Free Media Converters For Converting Unsupported Media Formats
The internet is full of entertainment media including TV drama, videos, songs, movies etc. and you can easily download the media of your choice. However, the problem arises with the format compatibility of these media files. You can play these downloaded media files on your PC but many a times they cannot be played on other devices like MP3 player, portable media player or mobile phone.
Nevertheless there are a number of media converters that can take care of this format compatibility issue by converting the unsupported media format to a supported one. Have a look at the media converters which can be downloaded and used free of charge.
1) Quick Media Converter
This audio and video conversion program developed by cocoonsoftware comes loaded with excellent features. It offers the user with simple and user-friendly interface which happens to be the main highlight of this application. Users can opt to handle this tool in its “Easy Mode” or “Expert Mode”.
If you are a non-tech user, the easy mode would suit you the best for easily converting media files by using a simple drag-n-drop technique. However, skilled users can go with the expert mode with which they can explore the features of the Quick Media Converter and customize various conversion settings like cropping frequency rates, bitrates, aspect, sizes etc.
This application allows you to convert media from and to different formats like avi, xvid, iPod, psp, 3G2, DIVX, TS, VCD, MPEG2, WAV, m4a, vob, h264, wmv, h263, wma, mov, mp4, amr, MP3, MPEG, DVD, XVID, AVI, 3GP, iPhone, mpeg4, divx and flv. It is compatible with only Windows Operating Systems.
2) Format Factory
This is a full-featured and multifunctional media converter that allows you to convert media files from and to the formats mentioned below:
• Can convert all media to MP4/ MPG/ WMV/ SWF/ FLV/ AVI/3GP/ MP3/ AMR/ AAC/ WAV/ OGG / WMA.
• Can convert all media to JPG/ PNG/ ICO/ TGA/ GIF/ TIF/ BMP.
• Ability of Ripping a DVD to a video file and a Music CD to an audio file.
• Supports RMVB.
• MP4 format files support iPhone/ BlackBerry/ iPod/ PSP format.
The interface is quite easy to use and gives a clear display of the various conversion options available. Apart from converting media files, Format Factory also has ability of repairing damaged audio and video files. It can also reduce the size of a multimedia file. Format Factory v2.0 comes with the following significant changes in comparison to its predecessors.
• Come with additional features like “All to RMVB” and “Audio Joiner”.
• Includes “AviSynth” feature to support SSA effect and AVS script.
• Bugs related to missing WMA, MP3 tag info and MOV conversion have been fixed.
• Issue related to selection of MKV audio stream has been resolved.
• H264 error level of Zune Mobile Device and IPod has been fixed.
This application supports over 50 different languages and is compatible with Windows OS only.
MediaCoder allows you to convert audio and video media files from and to various different media formats. This open source media converter is periodically updated with latest conversion formats and Kanske ar casino Floor det natcasino som har allra flest spel. features in order to make it capable of supporting new devices.
Unlike the two media converters mentioned above that support Windows Operating Systems only, MediaCoder is compatible with all platforms including Mac and Linux. Below mentioned are some of the main features of this powerful media converter.
• Allows batch conversions between popular audio/ video formats.
• Offers a Multi-threading design which is enhanced for multi-core processors (Over 90% CPU utilization while working with quad-core processors).
• Fully controllable transcoding parameters.
• Easy-to-use user interface for mobile devices such as iPhone/iPod, PSP etc.
• Completely standalone. Does not depend on any system codecs/splitters.
• Offers a Transcoding Platform for expanding user interface and improving user experience.
• Supports formats like MP3, AAC, AAC v2/HE-AAC v2, Speex, WMA, mp3PRO*, Vorbis, AAC /HE-AAC, MusePack, AMR, RealAudio, FLAC, Monkey’s Audio, AAC Lossless, Waveform, WAV/PCM, WavPack, OptimFrog, TTA
• Also supports H.264, RealVideo*, Theora, Dirac, MPEG/VOB, MP4, RealMedia*, Quicktime*, DVD, SVCD, HTTP*, RTSP*, XviD, CUESheet*, MPEG 1/2/4, FTP*, Flash Video, OGM*, 3ivx*, Matroska, DivX, Windows Media Video, AVI, PMP, ASF, CD, VCD, and UDP* formats.
This is yet another multiplatform media converter that supports various platforms including Linux, Mac and Windows. This open-source application comes in two flavors, command line and graphical. HandBrake mostly suits users who are looking to encode videos from DVDs into other formats.
Super is a universal media player render and encoder. This simplified application serves as a front-end tool for various command-line utilities like MEncoder, FFmpeg, x264, MPlayer, monkey’s audio, wavpack, musepack, true audio, ffmpeg2theora as well as theora/vorbis RealProducer plugIn. This application is compatible only with Windows Operating Systems.
Super supports numerous video/ audio formats like MOV, Flash video, PSP video, DIVX AVI, MPEG, real media, 3GP etc. In contrary to others, this conventional tool possesses a pretty cluttered and messy user interface that needs the user to spend a while exploring the features and getting familiar with them.
6) Any Video Converter
Any media converter is similar to HandBrake and has ability of converting video files to different formats. It supports input formats like asf, rm, flv, mpg, m4v, YouTube videos, avi, mov, rmvb, mkv, 3gp, vob and many more. It efficiently converts video files to different output formats including avi, wmv, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, mp3, ogg, wma, aac, mpg (PAL /NTSC), flv and mp4.
The best thing about this video converter is its fast converting speed and simple user interface. Its easy-to-use user interface makes this application ideal for even non-tech users who are not so familiar with media conversion.