How to Delete YouTube Videos
All of us make mistakes – it is what makes us human. However, there are some mistakes that we would like to undo – especially the ones that involve posting a video on YouTube that might draw a lot of controversy and/or unwarranted slander. If you have made such a mistake – and are trying hard to remove/delete a YouTube video that you had uploaded on YouTube, then read on. This article will guide you through the simple steps that will enable you to delete your YouTube video.
- Log in to your YouTube account.
- On the top right-hand corner of the webpage, there is a link with your username on it. Taking your mouse over that link will show a dropdown list that has link called “Account”. Click on it.
- In the web page that follows, under the My Videos column, there is a link called “Uploaded Videos” Click on it.
- You are directed to a page that contains a list of all your uploaded videos. Select the check-box for the video that you want to remove from YouTube, and click on the Delete tab.
- A cautionary warning pops up that says – “Are you sure you want to delete the selected videos?”
- Click on the OK button.
- Your YouTube video should be removed after this.
If your YouTube video is not deleted after this, then there might be a glitch in the system and it is not your fault. You might try deleting it while using a different browser, or logging-in later to try deleting it again.
If the video still refuses to be deleted, the only advisable course of action is to send a mail to the system administrators at YouTube. You can get the contact email IDs by going to the Help section (located at the bottom of the YouTube webpages) and then going to the Contact Us webpage.