If you are fond of music, then this Firefox add-on is simply the best thing for you. NetVideoHunter is a Firefox add-on (extension), which provides you the facility of downloading videos and music from most of the sites like You Tube, MySpace, metacafe, Google Video, Dailymotion, Break, Putfile, and Vimeo etc.
It is simple to use and can be of great practical help at the time of downloading. Net Video Hunter has an in-built media player that shows preview of videos and music before downloading them. It also has full screen and video smoothing functionalities, which gives this player a new dimension. Even before downloading it you can get a glimpse of how the videos will appear and based on it you can make your choices. Almost all the videos that you are downloading with the help of Net Video hunter are in FLV (flash player) format. In order to run these files you need to have a media player like VLC which supports this kind of file.
These are the instructions on how to use the Net Video Hunter. For better understanding explanations are also given.
1. Open the Net Video Hunter application
2. You find a window with three options that are called Right – Click options
- Copy URL: get the direct link to the video ( FLV ) or ( MP3 ) file with
- Save from cache: save the file from the browser’s cache
- Open source page: visit again the source webpage of the video or music
3. Choose the appropriate option and start downloading.
After the downloading is finished you can see all the downloaded files on the list. Net Video Hunter works with Firefox 2.0 – 3.6a1pre, Firefox 3.5 the latest version. Once you have downloaded the add-on, you have to restart the Firefox and you will be ready to use this function.