Improve SATA Hard Disk Performance in Windows Vista
Almost all of the new PCs that have been bought in the past couple of years should ideally have SATA HDDs (Serial-ATA Hard Disk Drives) in them. If you have a Windows Vista system with a SATA HDD, then you should know that you can optimize it to run faster. The following steps will let you hack into the Vista system and tweak the configurations so that your SATA HDD works with a faster speed and gives a better performance.
- Login to your Vista PC using an Adminitrator account.
- Open the Device Manager. [For this you have to simply go to Control Panel -> System and Maintenance, and then click on the Device Manager tab.]
- Find the SATA HDD installed on your system under the Disk drives tree-branch.
- Select Properties for the HDD by either double-clicking on it or right-clicking and then selecting Properties in the context menu.
- Go to the Policies tab.
- Select (tick) the check-box for Enable advanced performance option nested below the Enable write caching on the disk option. [Note: In case the Optimize for quick removal is selected instead of the Optimize for performance option, then you will have to deselct it, and tick the check-box next to the Optimize for performance option first.]
- Press OK.
- Exit the Device Manager.
A point to note is that the Enable advanced performance option in Step 6 is available only for a SATA hard disk and is grayed out if it is any other type of a hard disk (such as an IDE or a PATA).
eBoostr can be defined as the multi-utility tool that allows users to enhance the performance output of their system. It optimizes the means of an additional drive like flash memory, hard drive etc to boost the speed of your computer. It augments the level of response from the applications’ end by improving the efficiency of your system.
This application launches your desired applications much faster. It basically gathers all the statistics related to your favorite application and works at optimizing its performance. It conducts a prior caching of files and data to allow your system to work at a faster speed. It loads your windows browser at a speed faster than the normal loading speed.
You do not need to install any other program to improvise the performance of this application. All you need is a system connected with an external drive like a flash memory drive to activate this application. eBoostr is an excellent memory manager. It stores your data in a systematic way to efficiently manage your data storage space available. This stabilizes the speed and responsiveness of your system applications.
This application is an excellent alternative to ReadyBoost and Superfetch technologies. It is supported by all the versions of Windows Operating system. Its advanced feature of Smart Cache Mechanism speeds up your start up applications. It further enables you to re-boot your system at much faster pace. The latest version, eBooster-3 sports some additional features as well. This version is loaded with potent anti-virus software that keeps your system protected.
[ Download eBoostr ]