The much awaited iOS 10 is expected soon and the beta version is already out. A lot of users including yours truly have already started to try and test it out. One of the things that iOS10 has for Safari users is the Split-view mode. As iOS 10 is still in the beta mode, it is not really expected to run smoothly. Apart from the usual problems, one of the new problems is that of Safari running slow on iOS10. Here are some tips and tricks to fix it.
Safari Running Slow on iOS10 – Fix
Clear history and website data
Launch settings app>Safari> Clear history and website data>Clear history and data. Confirm when asked.
Fix apps crashing in iOS10 beta
Close Safari tabs
Safari> Tap and hold on the tabs icon (bottom right corner)
Tap on close tabs.
Disable background refresh
Settings>general>Background app refresh> Toggle it off.
Clean Up your reading list
Go to settings>general>Storage & iCloud Usage>manage storage> Safari
Tap on edit on the top right corner of the screen.
Tap on the red button on the left and then tap delete. Confirm when asked for it.
Reset network settings
Settings>general>Reset>Reset network settings>Reset network settings.
Confirm when asked for.
Finally, disable location services. This is a general tip and can also help solve other issues with the iOS10 beta.
That’s it! Hopefully, these methods will help you speed up the Safari browser on your iOS10 device. Let us know if you have any more solutions which have worked!
With the new iOS 10 announced recently at WWDC 2016, Apple has claimed it to be the biggest ever iOS update ever made. Various users who have installed the iOS 10 beta to test it in advance have been having issues with apps crashing. This is normal, considering iOS 10 is still in its beta version. But there are some tried and tested methods that can help to fix the issue of apps crashing in iOS 10 beta. Try them out if you are experiencing similar problems.
iOS 10 Features you should know
Apps crashing in iOS 10 Beta – How to fix
- Reboot your phone.
- Check out app updates.
- Make sure that you have the updated apps on your iPhone. This solves the problem on many different occasion. To update all apps, click on App Store>Updates>Update All.
- Turn of background app refreshing
- When WiFi or cellular data is on, apps keep refreshing. Turn this feature off. It will help conserve battery and to fix this problem
- Go to settings>general
- Tap on background app refresh and toggle it off.
- Disable automatic app download
- tap on settings>iTunes and App Store> Toggle off auto download
- Delete an app and reinstall it.Finally, if none of the methods worked, reset your phone. To do so, go to settings>genera>Reset>reset all settings.
- If nothing works, downgrade to iOS 9.3.2. A short guide on how to do so can be found here.
iPhone 7 Concepts that Will make you drool
Do you know of any other methods to fix issue of apps crashing in iOS10 beta? Let me know in the comments below.