JBS The Desktop Slide Show Rotator
Windows 7 users are equipped with a Desktop Slide show feature which rotates automatically and alters wallpapers of a desktop at regular intervals. Other operating systems like Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows Server are not equipped with this feature. A Desktop wallpaper rotator or switcher, JBS – John’s Background Switcher provides many rotating wallpapers freely.
This application software is seated in a system tray called as notification region which frequently switches wallpapers on a PC’s desktop at periodic intervals. The primary characteristic of JBS software abbreviated as John’s Background Switcher allows one to utilize photos and images from many sources. These photos are then used as wallpapers. Images and photos can be obtained from any of the following sources:
- From a personal computer
- From “My Pictures” folders
- From websites like Flickr, by choosing photos according to a person, sets, and tags or picking them randomly.
- From “Phanfare” albums on web.
- From few image galleries like smugsmug.
- From “Picasa” albums. Select from a few specified albums or according to typed in text search.
- From Facebook – extracting photos of friends and families to a user’s desktop.
- From Yahoo! photo search.
- From any RSS feed – select images from different websites like Photobucket, DevianArt, Zooomr, LOLCats and many more.
There are many more options available with John’s Background Switcher software, which can be accessed from “more settings” option. An option which displays quarterly calendar on the desktop is available with JBS. This option displays backgrounds in sepia color; it also shuffles photos from folders. It also changes the background at startup every time, provides support for multiple monitoring, offers battery saving settings, and supplies varied effects for softening and many more.
This software can be downloaded freely. The present John’s Background Switcher version available is 3.6 and can be easily downloaded.