Get Latest Updates For Your Nokia Handset Via The Nokia Firmware Updater
There are a number of companies today that manufacture mobile phones, but a very few of them allow customers to upgrade their phone’s software all by themselves. Nokia is the leader in this field and unlike most of its competitors it provides firmware upgrades for free.
These upgrades are essential because it enables the user to use the latest technology released with respect to the model the user is using. Nokia releases these firmware updates on a regular basis and are mostly for multimedia phones. The user needs to download these updates and then install them onto their phones.
The Nokia Software Updater or the Nokia Firmware Updater is the latest tool released by Nokia. It helps the users to get in touch with the latest updates available for their handsets. This handy tool also allows users to create backups of the existing files, as the files might get deleted while updating the software of your phone. The backup data can easily be restored on your phone after successful completion of the updates.
There are no compatibility issues with the Nokia Firmware Updater, the version for Windows 7 will be released soon.
How sure are you that your Nokia handset is original?
No. #1 Mobile Manufacturing company, all over the world, is Nokia. You should be quite concerned about your handset being original or not.
I found this cool piece of information and thought it was really worth sharing it with everyone. So here’s a simple way to check where your Nokia Cell phone was manufactured:
Check the IMEI number for the handset you are willing to buy. Press *#06# and a 15 digit number will be displayed in the screen. Note down the number and then check the following:
All you have to check is 7th and 8th number from the 15 digit IMEI number.
Let us say that the 7th and 8th number is the core number, now check these things:
- If the core number is 02 or 20 then it is assured that the handset has been assembled in UAE. It is a bad quality handset.
- If the core number is 08 or 80 then it is assured that the handset has been assembled in Germany. It is a fair quality handset.
- If the core number is 01 or 10 then it is assured that the handset has been assembled in Finland. It is a very good quality handset.
- If the core number is 13, then it is assured that the handset has been assembled in Azerbaijan. It is a worst quality handset. It also gives a health threat so try not to get a handset with core number a 13. The unlucky 13.
- If the core number is 00, then it is assured that the handset has been assembled in original manufacturing company of Nokia. It is a best quality handset. Always prefer to buy a handset with 00 as a core number.