How To Manage Mouse Scrolling Speed In Firefox
Mouse scrolling option is already implemented in almost every computer to make navigation easier and faster. When you scroll upward or downward in open webpage, it is mouse scrolling feature that helps you save on time by easily moving upward and downward.
As you have noticed that you can scroll two or three lines in one scroll. It means when you start scrolling it takes time to get downward directly. It is default setting in the system that manages mouse scrolling speed. However if you are using Firefox browser then you can alter settings and control scrolling speed according to your preference.
Here is the tutorial to adjust mouse scrolling in Firefox browser. You need to modify settings manually from configuration menu.
- Launch Firefox browser.
- Type “about: config” in address bar and hit Enter button to move further.
- It will open a warning tab with message “Changing these settings can be harmful……” You just click on “I’ll be careful, I promise! Button to continue this process.
- Now type out the phrase, “mousewheel.withnokey” in first shown box.
- Apply right click of your mouse on “mousewheel.withnokey.sysnumlines”. Then you can choose Toggle option. The default settings will be changed from true to false once you select toggle option.
- In this tab click on “mousewheel.withnokey.numlines”. Then you can choose Modify option. Now you can type any value according to your required number.
Now at last you have adjusted scrolling speed according to your requirement. By following these steps you can change mouse scrolling whenever you want.
Singing Keyboard And Mouse Makes Computer More User Friendly
A fun tool called Keyboard Sounding Software has been created to motivate children and youngsters to use a computer more often. Keyboard Sounding Software tool generates sounds when a keyboard or mouse is used.
It will encourage children especially to try using keyboard and mouse, indirectly throwing open the vast computing knowledge to them. This software tool creates varied sounds when a mouse is clicked or keys on a keyboard are hit.
Keyboard Sounding Software is fun for children and learning tool too. It attracts a child’s attention by producing sounds like alarm, noise, music etc. This software tool is preloaded with few music files, and one needs to only install to start using them.
One can add their own voices by using the microphone and later assign the recorded voices to few keys of the keyboard. This way a user can easily customize this tool to their personal needs. There is a provision for adding few sentences and assigning them to certain keys, one can associate user’s regional language to few keyboard’s keys.
Keyboard Sounding Software tool is best for people who cannot see too well, they surely will find computer more user friendly. This software tool can be downloaded and used to improve your child’s computing knowledge. This is a freeware.
Simply Activate And Switch Window In Windows 7 By Mouse Over Hover
Normally in Windows 7 OS, when there are more than one opened windows on the desktop, users tend to click on the window to activate it for the further use. Rather than a mouse click, some of us would surely like to hover over the mouse pointer to immediately switch to the inactive window. In Windows 7 OS, Microsoft has introduced such a useful feature called auto-bring to front window which works on mouse over option.
To enable this feature on your own Windows 7 just go through the following steps.
- First, go to Control Panel.
- Now, click on Ease of Access Center icon or Ease of Access link.
- Select the option that states Make the mouse easier to use or Change how your mouse works.
- Now, you have to tick in the check box “Activate a window by hovering over it”. You’ll see this option under “Make it easier to manage windows” section.
- Finally, click Apply and OK. Now just hover your mouse on another window and activate this feature instantly.
In fact, users having difficulties could use this feature to use the Windows 7 OS very easily. Consequently, normal windows users may sometimes feel uncomfortable or even by mistake they could hover a mouse pointer away and activating the wrong window while still wanting to keep current window of the running application.