Change Default View Source Editor From Notepad To Other Text Editors In IE
When you click on “View Source” tab in the Internet Explorer, the source will be released by means of notepad as default viewer. However, we all know hat the Notepad is not an excellent viewer or editor since it displays only the simple text. If you want to modify the default text editor instead of notepad to some other new text editor like Microsoft FrontPage, now you can get it done easily using the following way.
Following are the couple of ways, and by using either of them, you can modify the IE default viewer to view source:
1. Changing the default viewer by means of View Source Editor
- Go to the website http://www.iconico.com/viewSourceEditor/ and download the file named as “View Source Editor”
- Just open and run the application file. You will be prompted with a pop up window, it shows your existing default viewer
- Alter the default viewer via browsing to some other advanced viewer selection. You can run the .exe application directly at any time you want
2. Modification of the registry key
- Click Start open Run, and then type regedit.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software -> Microsoft -> Internet Explorer
- Generate a sub key as “View Source Editor” below the Internet Explorer
- Make a sub key, named as “Editor” and name it below View Source Editor
- Modify Default value of the Editor Name to D:\Tools\Notepad2\abc.exe (abc is an exemplar of viewer name).
On the other hand, you can generate the file of the registry key and perform it to make the sub keys as stated over. In a notepad, you need to copy and paste the codes that are given below and save the file as default_viewer.reg.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor\Editor Name]
To execute the process, just double click on the default_viewer.reg file.
Fix The Notepad ++ Find And Replace Tab Transparent Errors In Windows 7
There is a weird error occurring in Notebook++ text editor, which is a well-liked notebook replacement, in Windows 7. This problem hits the Close and exit functioning of Notebook++, so whenever users click on close or exit button, it will not get closed properly. Instead of closing there is a transparent window of notepad++, which will be remain opened inactively i.e. it will not respond to mouse clicks or keyboard until Notebook++ program is restarted.
Probably non-existing problem of Find and Replace tab, in Notepad is the responsible bug. Usually this transparent feature of Notepad++, which allows users to keep Find and Replace option transparent or less visible while working on Notepad++. It helps user to focus on work so users mostly keep this option transparent at predefine transparency level.
In order to fix this problem you need to turnoff the transparent feature of Find and Replace in notepad++. You have to uncheck the box of transparency located at bottom right corner of the find and replace dialogue.
By doing this, you will be free from the bug, which doesn’t allow you to close the notepad and keep open a transparent windows. Keep the transparent feature disable until you feel it is essential to activate it. Once you change the settings of the transparency, the problem of notepad will be fixed. Try to keep this feature off whenever you work on notepad++ in order to prevent errors.
Does a notepad open automatically after booting in your Windows 7? Fix it
For those who have downloaded or purchased windows 7 with processor 7075 and installed it, they might have noticed that a notepad pops up automatically whenever the system starts or after every reboots. The notepad is saved with name desktop.ini and it contains information which is mentioned below:
To fix this problem follow the steps mentioned below:
- Start Windows Explorer, then navigate to Organize, and then click on option named Folder and Search.
- Navigate to the tab called View
- There will be option called hidden folders and files, under that option there will be sub options, choose Show folders, files and drives.
- Open the operating system file to check the hidden file called desktop.ini.
- After you are done click on Ok.
- Go to C drive, then Program Data, then Microsoft, then Windows, then Start Menu, then Programs, and finally Startup folder. You can also open start and Run and type shell:common startup and hit enter.
- Delete desktop.ini file
- Go to C drive, then Users, then USERNAME, then AppData, then Roaming, then Microsoft, then Windows, then Start Menu, then Programs, and finally Startup folder or you can open start and type shell:common startup and hit enter.
- Delete desktop.ini file
- Your work is done
Easy Way to Hide Data in Notepad
Whenever we type some data into our computer or create some new file, a default unnamed stream gets created to temporarily store the new data that is being written or the new file that is being created. This feature is available on all the operating systems of Windows 2000 and above. Alternate Data Streams allows the users to create additional stream for their text files.
All of the data stored in the additional stream created by the user will be hidden and not be visible to anyone opening or reading that particular file. This feature is highly helpful, especially when we want to hide some critical and sensitive information. This data is secure from all the other users.
Creating the hidden files for your data is pretty simple. Open the command prompt and select any directory where you would like to create your text file. Here type the text file naming it as MyFile.txt:StoreHiddenData and press enter. The ‘StoreHiddenData’ is the stream name and the MyFile.txt is the text file that you have created.
You will get a pop up message indicating that there is no such file available in that directory along with an option to create a new file by clicking OK. Click on OK to proceed. A notepad will come up spontaneously. This is your hidden file. You can type anything here that you wish to stay hidden from others. Save the file after you finish typing.
This file is now secure and hidden on the system and the best thing is that it does not affect the size of the directory that it is stored in i.e. the size of the directory remains the same even after we type data into the hidden file and save it.
You can view a delete all the hidden files from the command prompt. You may need to install the Streams Application (download link) before proceeding with the deletion.