Enable Gmail Desktop Notifications On Your System With Google Chrome
Google offers an interesting service known as Gmail Desktop Notifications which promptly informs you whenever you receive a new email message or a chat message. The moment you turn on these notifications, this Google service will inform you regarding a new message by displaying a pop-up. You will know if somebody is trying to chat with you even when you are not keeping a watch on your Gmail.
At present, these desktop notifications are available to Google Chrome users only. Chat notifications are turned on by default. In case you wish to disable them, you need to go to Gmail settings. You may use the below mentioned steps to enable or disable chat or email notifications.
- Login to your Gmail account and go to Settings option that is placed at the upper-right corner.
- Within the tab “General”, choose the option that you prefer under Desktop Notifications section. You will be able to enable or disable chat notifications. You may also turn on email notifications and choose to get notifications for all your incoming emails or only for those which are marked as “Important”.
- Click on the “Save” button to save the settings.
You need to note that, before you make the above settings, you have to enable Desktop Notifications so as to let mail.google.com display notifications on your desktop.
Process to re-enable desktop notifications in Google Chrome
In case you disable the desktop notifications due to some reason and wish to re-enable it in your Google Chrome again, you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Navigate to Options > Under The Hood > Content Settings > Notifications > Exceptions.
- Here, you need to either click on the button “Remove All” or just look for “Gmail” within the exceptions list and remove it so as to reset the desktop notification settings and get back Google Chrome’s default settings.