Reduce Your Web Images According To Your Choice
Google applications are more famous worldwide, as all the web programs developed by Google are very user-friendly and can be used by everybody, including non computer literate users too. Apart from Google being known as fast search engine, now Google has introduced one more innovation in the world of internet and announced a facility of formatting images that enable users to reduce the image bytes and size significantly on the web and it facilitate websites to load even faster than it was before.
The name of this new facility is WebP mostly pronounced as “weppy“, is a technique of compression of photographic images, which make an image more lighter in weight and it enables an image to upload or download more quickly. The WebP file reside in VP8 image data and is receptacle based on RIFF.
The WebP encode an image with prognosticate coding with same technology used at the time of compression in video by VP8 video codec system.
Reduce Firefox Tab Width to the Size of Its Favicon
Mozilla Firefox allows users to open multiple tabs in a single Firefox window eliminating a need for opening multiple windows and constantly switching between them. Firefox tabs have a fixed tab width which seems to be excessively long and the whole space gets occupied the moment you open about six tabs in a Firefox window.
However, it is possible that you change the tab width to make it equal to the size of its favicon. For doing so, you need to use a Firefox plugin known as “FaviconizeTab”. Simply follow the below mentioned procedure to install FaviconizeTab and enable it to resize the Firefox tab width.
- You need for download FaviconizeTab and install it on your PC.
- Restart the Firefox browser to make the plugin active.
- Once you restart/ reopen Firefox, you will notice installed extensions listed within add-ons pop-up window that appears. If you do not see any add-ons pop-up window, you need to go to Tools menu and select “Add-ons” to open the add-ons window. Locate “FaviconizeTab” and click on the button “Options”.
- In the Preference Window of FaviconizeTab, under the section “Quick Faviconize”, set the method for activating FaviconizeTab feature. The options include Alt + Click, Ctrl + Click, Shift + Click and Double Click.
For instance, select “Double-click”, if you wish to activate the FaviconizeTab feature by double-clicking on the tab.
- Now, to check if the settings are working, open a new Firefox tab and just double-click on it. The tab width will reduce to its favicon size.
Reduce Size Of Icons On Windows 7 Superbar (New Taskbar)
// Windows 7 is integrated with a new taskbar named as Superbar or Awesome Bar. The Superbar has totally new appearance. Actually, an old, classic Quick Launch bar and an ordinary Taskbar buttons are together merged and integrated to create a new improved Taskbar. This new improved taskbar is known Superbar or Awesome Bar. Contrary to the appearance of Quick Launch, a Superbar is also introduced with icons by replacing the classic buttons.
On the other hand, most of us are uncomfortable with the size of icons on Superbar. The size of the icons in Superbar is too large so that it acquires pretty much screen area which is a little bit inconvenient.
There is small trick which will definitely help you to reduce the size of the icons on Superbars. To do so, just follow the steps given below.
- Firstly, right click in an empty space on Taskbar and select Properties
- Go to the “Task Bar and Start Menu Properties” dialog box
- After that go to the “Taskbar” tab. Now you have to check the checkbox named as “Use small icons”.
Done, now you will notice the reduced size of the icons on Superbar.
Modify The Number Of Frequent Or Recent Items Appeared In Windows 7 Taskbar Jump List
Windows 7 lets the users open and access the frequently used files or recently opened documents with the help of Jump List. These files or documents are associated with the particular application or program.
You can use it by sliding or merely by right clicking on the program button on the Taskbar. As in Windows 7 RC, the default value of frequently used items appears or number of recent items on the Jump List has been set to 10. By using this trick given below users those who want to modify, either increase or reduce the number of the items on Jump List can do so easily.
Increase or reduce the default number of recent items or frequently used in the Windows 7 Jump List
- First of all right click on Start button.
- Now select Properties option.
- Now tick on Customize button.
- After that under the “Start menu size” section at the bottom side of the dialog, “Customize Start Menu”, place a new value for Number of recent items to be displayed in Jump Lists.
- Click OK twice to save the change successful immediately.