Simple Steps To Change Or Re-Enter Serial Key in Windows Vista And 7
Windows Vista or Windows 7 or server variants of these products is integrated with all new GUI (graphical user interface) in which you could easily re-enter or change serial key or CD-key of the product. You are now allowed to change the serial key of the installed OS such as Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 R2. To do so, you may use command prompt even if the GUI technique to change o re-enter the serial key is pretty is easier and uncomplicated.
Following is the step by step guide with which you could re-enter or change product serial key which has been already installed on your system.
- First, open Start menu.
- Go to Computer and then just click on the System Properties. This option will be situated on the taskbar.
- Tip: Alternatively, you could right click on Computer and then select Properties. Or else, simply go to Control Panel then System and Security and then System.
- Now, go to the section named as “Windows activation”. Simply click on the link “Change product key”.
- Most probably, the User Account Control (UAC) will ask you to enter the administrator password. Just enter the password and then click on “Continue” button.
- Go to “Product Key” text box. Now, in this box, you have to type new product key. After that, click “Next”.
- Mostly Windows OS tends to activate the new product key online. Otherwise, you have to follow the “Windows Activation Wizard” which would be displayed.