Download StExBar – A Useful Windows Explorer Plug-In
Windows Explorer (WE) is a file system browser that comes with a GUI (Graphical User Interface) to offer easy access to all files and folders present on your system. However, this tool doesn’t seem to be much useful when it comes to performing some extra tasks such as copying file names or file paths.
Here is a helpful add-on named “StExBar” which takes care of this shortcoming. This plug-in appends some practical features to your Windows Explorer which are pretty useful in day-to-day use.
You need to simply download StExBar and install it on your system. Once you have done this, StExBar adds a toolbar to your Windows Explorer to offer easy access to some handy functions which include mass rename, show system files, copy paths/names to the Clipboard etc. StExBar allows you to access all these features right away.
Below mentioned are the key features associated with StExBar which make your WE more user-friendly.
- New Folder: For opening a new folder, all you need to do is, press “Ctrl-Shift-N” or press the hotkey (incase you have added a command for opening a new folder).
- New Command: There are a number of built-in commands offered by StExBar. However, you may add new commands if you wish and also define respective hotkeys.
- Bulk Rename: Using StExBar, you may rename more than one file at a time.
- Copy names/ paths: Normally in Windows Explorer, you are unable to copy name or entire path of single/multiple files to another application or to the clipboard. StExBar comes with two commands. The first one copies all selected file names or folder names to the clipboard and the second copies the entire path of the selected file(s)
- The filter box: The moment you type something into the filter box, StExBar instantly filters the files and folders.
- Show system files: With just a single click on a toolbar button, you can make the system files appear and disappear.
StExBar is compatible with Windows XP as well as Windows Vista. This free Windows Explorer add-on is easily available for download from links below.