Firefox Settings to Open Search Box Results Page in the New Blank Tab
Mozilla Firefox is one of the popular web browsers, and it is used by a lot of users to surf the net. Mozilla Firefox web browser offers highly customizable tracking system while surfing the web.
This browser has the flexibility so that we can modify its features.
Mozilla Firefox browser contains inbuilt search box. This search box is made to generate the search results and automatically and display them on browser. You could even customize the search engines according to your preferences. The search results normally show up on the existing tab, which is by replacing the website.
However in the Mozilla Firefox you can set your own preferences and depending upon your needs. As a matter of fact you can set the Firefox browser to open the search box results in a totally new tab.
Following are some hacks that will assist you to open the search results in a new blank tab.
First of all, you have to type “about: config” (without quotes) into the URL Bar of Mozilla Firefox.
After that follow these steps:
1. Trace for “browser.search.openintab” (without quotes) in preference name.
2. You have to change its value to “true” by double clicking on that line. Its default value is “false”.
3. This modification takes the effect instantaneously on the browser.
It is also possible to set and configure Google Toolbar Search Box to force to Open search results in a new tab, for those users who use Google Toolbar. Similarly, the users can enable the “Replace Firefox search box” otherwise “Replace Firefox search box and hide Toolbar” options.
1> Open Bookmarks in new tabs in Firefox.
Tweak Internet Explorer to Enhance Speed
Most Internet Explorer (IE) users complain about its slow speed, and how much time it takes to start up, and load web pages. However, a few tweaks will ensure that your IE experience becomes twice as fast. This article will tell you how to carry out these minor modifications – all you have to do is follow the steps listed out below.
IE Tweak 1
- Launch Internet Explorer, and select the option Tools -> Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Settings field, scroll down to the heading called Multimedia. There, you have to clear the check-boxes next to the following options (as per your preference):
- Play animations in webpages
- Play sounds in webpages
- Show pictures
- Click on Apply, and then OK.
However, the problem with this tweak is that it will greatly restrict your internet experience – all at the cost of speed. This might not be an attractive option to many.
IE Tweak 2
- Again, open the Internet Options dialog.
- Select the Content tab.
- Under the AutoComplete section, click on the tab that says Settings.
- Clear the check-boxes next to the Forms and User names and password on forms options.
- Click on OK.
- Click on OK at the Internet Options dialog.
IE Tweak 3
- Open the Internet Options dialog, and select the Security tab.
- Under the Security level for this zone section, click on the tab that says – Custom Level…
- In the list that you see, select the Disable option for any (or all) of the following:
- ActiveX controls and plugins
- Click on OK.
- Click on OK in the Internet Options dialog.
This tweak too, like Tweak 1 above, will greatly limit your internet browsing experience and you might not like it. However, if you want speed at all costs, it might be worth it.