List of Best Desktop Sharing / Remote Desktop Access Tools
Desktop sharing and control applications are widely used by a lot of people, especially when troubleshooting computers from remote locations.
Here it’s assumed that your computer is up and running, and is connected to the internet. If your computer has booting problem or if you have internet connection issues, then you cannot use these tools.
These are real handy tools that you might want to have on your systems. There are several benefits of using these applications as per your requirements including some negative aspects.
Advantages of Desktop / Remote Access tools:
- It enables you to have control and perform any task on your computer remotely. If you are on the go and want to get some files from your office computer, then you can use these applications to get your work done.
- Moreover, it is used for troubleshooting by having your computer being accessed professionals remotely from other location and helps you resolve the problem without having to visit your place personally.
- It enables quick sharing of various files and other data with complete control like sending commands to print or any other operation.
- Connection process is very stringent as it requires password and ID of both users while getting connected in some applications.
Disadvantages of Desktop / Remote Access tools:
- Sometimes it is a little dangerous or vulnerable to use these facilities on computer, as its security is at stake. Although most of the applications provide secured connections, some of the data could be stolen easily by the hackers.
- Moreover, hackers can easily breach the security wall of each system while using these applications and send virus or bugs to the computers.
- Thus, transferring sensitive and imperative data must be done in highly secure manner
Different Types of remote access applications:
There are innumerable paid and free applications available in the market to choose from. Depending on your requirements, you could choose the best one. However, there are some other factors that a play vital role in selecting the one you need such as budget. One of the most renowned desktop software applications is TeamViewer, which provides complete interface access to its users and allows them to get connected to others.
- Mostly all applications are free to use with access to limited functionality. In order to unlock more advanced features, users will have to pay the amount mentioned in the official package of the software they are using.
- High Internet connectivity is must to get linked to the required computer and avoid problems like disconnection or slowness of data transfer.
- Some applications are modified and developed to be used on Smartphones such as iPhone.
TeamViewer – It establishes connection between your computer and your partner’s computer within no time. It gives you complete remote access to your partner’s computer. It is free to use only for personal purpose, but when it comes to corporate use, you have to pay some fees, in order to use the extra features of corporate account.
I’ve always got innumerable requests to make a list of TeamViewer alternative software. One known problem with TeamViewer is that it throws ‘Commercial Use Suspected’ even when used legitimately. You have two options then: 1> Reinstall TeamViewer, 2> Remove TeamViewer.
I suggest, why not try one of the software listed below, and then later make a decision ?
LogMeIn – It is another most popular free remote access application version. It provides you complete access to other’s computer, which allows you to give commands like print and transfering files between computers easily. LogMeIn ignition enables iPhone and iPod users to have quick access to their computer from their devices.
TightVNC – It is a traverse platform remote desktop control application. It allows you to set the server on your computer afterwards you will be able to control it remotely via VNC viewer.
Windows Remote Desktop Connection – It is already comes with Windows OS bundle, which is goo the Windows users to perform remote access operation with this free applications. It has all imperative and required features needed to control computers remotely.
Ultra VNC – It is more advanced and powerful open source desktop control application. It enables you to have complete access to display/interface of other computers via network connection.
CrossLoop – It is a free application that provides vital screen sharing facility to the users for technical purpose. In order to include more features, users have to pay some amount as the update fee.
Here are some paid Desktop sharing applications:
ISL Light – It is paid and commercial use desktop sharing application for various platforms such as Mac and Windows. It is quick and powerful tool, which connects computer within 30 seconds to the other one, across the world. It serves to deal with all your business needs.
ISL Groop – Online Meeting – It is also available only for commercial purposes and there is a fees that you’ll need to pay, in order to use it. It enables users to remotely train and display anything data in real time. Its best used to arrange online meetings.
Radmin – It is highly used application for commercial purposes. Additionally, it is one of the award winning secured desktop sharing applications easily available in the market. It will ensure that you are connected with other computers in real time at a much faster speed.
In a nutshell, all these applications are identical to one another, and you can use the one that suits your needs. Choosing the right application mainly depends on users’ needs and the budget that they have. Some of them have more advanced features and can be loaded with additional utilities that enhance their performance for the betterment of organization and professionals.