Change your Windows 7 Look to Windows XP using Windows XP Theme
Probably you are in love with old versions of Windows operating systems. The latest windows 7 operating system is featured with many advance features, but what if you want look of windows XP and performance of Windows 7 simultaneously.
There is a windows XP theme that converts entire look of your windows 7 operating system. The Windows XP Blue Theme will change entire look of your windows 7 operating system. You just need to install this theme on your computer.
With immediate effect, this theme will modify the appearance of windows 7 keeping its default features and performance. It means now you can have look and appearance of windows XP with Windows 7 advanced features and performance. You can download Widows XP Luna theme on your computer to get feeling of windows XP appearance on you screen.
Windows 7 – Simple Technique For Unlocking The Locked/Hidden Regional Themes
Windows 7 Operating System comes with four to five default themes which are included at the time of installation. However, Windows 7 builds starting from Build 6956, including Build 7000 contain some hidden themes which can be easily unlocked and used along with the default Windows 7 themes.
These hidden or locked themes are essentially designed for some of the regional countries including Canada, Australia, Great Britain, South Africa and United States. However, if you think that the default themes are not enough or if you would like to personalize your system further, you may unlock the locked/hidden regional themes in your Windows 7 Operating System.
You need to just follow the below mentioned procedure.
- Firstly, go to “Windows Explorer”.
- Click on “Organize” and choose “Folder & Search Options”.
- Then, go to the tab “View”.
- Select the option for showing hidden files, drivers and folders. Uncheck the checkbox corresponding to the option that hides protected OS files. If you are prompted for a confirmation, simply click on “Yes”.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Navigate to the below mentioned folder: \Windows\Globalization\MCT\
- You will find five folders having the names in the format “MCT-XX” in which, XX would be CA, AU, US, GB or ZA which correspond to the globalization settings for different regions. Choose and open the respective folder depending on which theme you wish to activate. You need to note that CA, ZA and AU regions include the same theme.
- From within the region folder that you have selected, you need to open the folder “Theme”.
- Double-click on the file “XX.theme” in order to apply and activate the theme. Once you have activated and applied the theme, it will be saved into the “Personalization options”. So, if you want to apply this theme again in future, you can directly go to the Personalization settings screen.
- Finally, go back to “Organize” -> “Folder & Search Options”, and in the tab “View”, check or tick the checkbox corresponding to the option that hides protected OS files and folder.
Alternatively, you may go to the folder “\Windows\winsxs” and then search for “*.theme”. Just double-click on the first five searched themes having names in the format “XX” as mentioned above to apply/activate and save them to the “Personalization options”. The remaining themes that show in the search results are the ones which are already incorporated in the system.
Get The Feel Of Ubuntu In Windows XP
Windows a range of Operating Systems from Microsoft are the most used Operating Systems around the world. Ubuntu, another range of Operating System is also extremely popular. If a user has to move over to Windows XP from Ubuntu he can still have the flavor of Ubuntu in the newly installed Windows XP Operating system.
Installing the Ubuntu Theme specially designed for Windows XP helps the user get the look and feel of Ubuntu in Windows XP. The theme has been designed at DevianArt by FioreSSJ. Before downloading and installing the theme, the user needs to patch the uxtheme.dll file on their system.
After successfully installing the patch file, download the Ubuntu Theme from the following link Here
The theme consists of five vibrant color schemes like blue, orange, purple, green and graphite. Other than this, it also changes the original XP cursor to the cursor which looks like that of xFree. After successfully downloading the theme, extract its folder and then follow the following steps
- Copy the files located in the Wallpaper folder to the destination C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper.
- From the Cursor folder copy files to the destination C:\Windows\Cursors.
- Files from the Fonts folder are to be copied to C:\Windows\Fonts
- Click the Apply button
Changes will be made and you can successfully get the feel of Ubuntu in the Windows XP Operating System.