Tweak Internet Explorer to Enhance Speed
Most Internet Explorer (IE) users complain about its slow speed, and how much time it takes to start up, and load web pages. However, a few tweaks will ensure that your IE experience becomes twice as fast. This article will tell you how to carry out these minor modifications – all you have to do is follow the steps listed out below.
IE Tweak 1
- Launch Internet Explorer, and select the option Tools -> Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- In the Settings field, scroll down to the heading called Multimedia. There, you have to clear the check-boxes next to the following options (as per your preference):
- Play animations in webpages
- Play sounds in webpages
- Show pictures
- Click on Apply, and then OK.
However, the problem with this tweak is that it will greatly restrict your internet experience – all at the cost of speed. This might not be an attractive option to many.
IE Tweak 2
- Again, open the Internet Options dialog.
- Select the Content tab.
- Under the AutoComplete section, click on the tab that says Settings.
- Clear the check-boxes next to the Forms and User names and password on forms options.
- Click on OK.
- Click on OK at the Internet Options dialog.
IE Tweak 3
- Open the Internet Options dialog, and select the Security tab.
- Under the Security level for this zone section, click on the tab that says – Custom Level…
- In the list that you see, select the Disable option for any (or all) of the following:
- ActiveX controls and plugins
- Click on OK.
- Click on OK in the Internet Options dialog.
This tweak too, like Tweak 1 above, will greatly limit your internet browsing experience and you might not like it. However, if you want speed at all costs, it might be worth it.