If you brought a new iPhone and have to transfer all your contacts to the new phone, it can be a hassle. You can use iCloud to store all this data and it will automatically download them to your new device once you sign in. You can also use iTunes to back up data on your computer and transfer it to your new iPhone. However, if you use At&T network, then there is a free app called AT&T Mobile Transfer which can be downloaded for free from the App store. This will help you to Transfer contacts data from one iPhone to another easily. Learn how to do so below.
Transfer contacts data from one iPhone to Another Easily
- Download AT&T Mobile Transfer application on both the devices (your old iPhone and the new iPhone).
- Connect both the devices to the same WiFi network.
- Open the application on the old iPhone and tap on “From this device” option. The application will scan your device for relevant information (including photos and videos). It will ask for permission and you will want to allow access.
- You’ll get a QR code which will be used by the new iPhone.
- Open the AT&T Mobile Transfer app on the new iPhone and tap on “To this phone” at the bottom of the screen.
- The app will now ask you for a phone number. However, it doesn’t matter if you are a AT&T customer. Simply enter any combination of 10 digits and tap on next. You don’t need to enter your actual phone number.
- The application will request access to your contacts and photo library. Allow access to continue.
- Now, use your new iPhone to scan the QR code that was presented on the old iPhone. The app will quickly scan the QR code and show you some basic transfer options.
- You can choose to transfer all content at once (contacts, photos and videos), or you can choose to transfer them individually. Once you select the transfer option, you will get an estimate of the amount of time it would take to complete.
That’s that. That is how you would transfer contacts data from one iPhone to another easily. Beats backing up data on your old iPhone and restoring it on another iPhone anytime! If you have used the AT&T Mobile Transfer app, let us know how much time you took to complete the transfer of content in the comments below.