Ultrasn0w – Unlock Your iPhone 3G or 3GS With Firmware OS 3.0
Ultrasn0w is one of the most used software for unlocking or cracking any device of the iPhone series. You could unlock your iPhone of 1st generation along with iPhone 2G and iPhone 3Gs (3G S). Moreover, Ultrasn0w is able to unlock or crack the iPhone, which is running on the 3.0 firmware OS version having baseband 04.26.08.
When you unlock your iPhone, you could select any mobile operator or service provider, and there will be no any restriction for you to select definite mobile carriers like AT&T in US or O2 in United Kingdom.
Earlier, the tool named as Yellowsn0w was used to unlock 3G and the original iPhones ran on firmware OS version 2.2. Now, Yellowsn0w has been effectively replaced by Ultrasn0w because the bug in iPhone firmware 2.2, which was used to inject payload code, has been closed in firmware OS 3.0 by Apple.
You’ll need to jailbreak your iPhone 3G having firmware 3.0 to unlock it. To jailbreak it, you could use Redsn0w in Mac OS X, Windows OS or PwnageTool having only Mac OS X. By default, the jailbreak process will provide the Cydia. To jailbreak iPhone 3G(S), you have to use Purplera1n. Following is a step by step guide to install and unlock iPhone 3G with Ultrasn0w.
- Before starting, make sure that you have upgraded your iPhone firmware version 3.0.
- Use PwnageTool or redsn0w and jailbreak your iPhone 3G.
- The jailbreak process will install Cydia or Icy.
- Now, run Cydia or Icy.
- Add the following repo “repo666.ultrasn0w.com” to Icy or Cydia. Use Zero “0” instead of o alphabet.
- Now, search-select-install “ultrasn0w” from icy or Cydia.
- Restart iPhone 3G or 3GS.
- If you are using T-Mobile in USA, then you should disable 3G previous to using ultrasn0w. For that, go to Settings option then General and Network. Turn off the 3G Mode.