Uninstall Programs Which Are Not Removable Via Add Or Remove Programs List
You may install any program easily and quickly. It may be pretty annoying when you try to uninstall a program, especially the one with which you have faced many problems, and it does uninstalls anyway. Sometimes you can’t remove the program when it doesn’t displayed in add or remove program, or there is no any uninstall tool is provided with setup.
Now, you may relax as you can remove such an annoying program by executing an uninstall string which can be easily obtained from registry. When you install any program in your computer, some entries for uninstall for each and every programs are in registry grouped under folder named as Uninstall. So that, you can easily find out the respective program with the help of Uninstall list located in registry.
Following is a step by step guide to uninstall any un-removable program via registry:
- Open Registry Editor (type regedit in Run box)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\currentversion\Uninstall
- Expand Uninstall list
- Find out and click on the program that you want to uninstall
- In the right panel, just double click on the UninstallString
- You will e prompted with a pop up window naming Edit String. Just copy the value data
- Now, go to Start then Run and type cmd to open Command Prompt
- Paste the value data which is copied before. Press Enter key.
- When the uninstall screen is being prompted, you can start un-installation process