Use Automatic Switcher In Windows Live MSN Messenger To Enable Or Disable Aero Border Frame
Windows live MSN messenger is now available with auto switcher which enable or disable Aero border frame. When you install a latest version of Windows Live Messenger (WLM) in Windows Vista, 7 or other windows with enabled Aero feature.
For example, MSN Messenger in Windows Live Essentials 2009, a thick border-frame same as the typical apps around the chat window and WLM main window will be created. To check out the Aero transparency effect, the window frame is one of the suitable example.
The main window or instant messaging chat rooms of Windows Live Messenger in old classic MSN Messenger time did not provided with any frame border as in the latest one. Just follow the illustration given below so that you can make a difference between the two styles of window frame of Windows Live Messenger with and without Aero.
A number of users would rather want to follow the traditional legacy look of Windows Live Messenger, like aka MSN Messenger which provides the classical look. To make so, follow the specified steps to concern the registry hack to take away the Aero Transparency window frame, otherwise border of Windows Live Messenger.
- Click to start and go to Run
- Type ‘regedit’ (without quotes) to Run Registry Editor.
- With the help of navigational keys, Navigate to the following registry key:
If the system runs on 64-bit (x64) operating system, go to following registry key:
- Right click on any blank space available on the right pane, and then pick “New” from the context menu.
- Then you have to click on DWORD (32-bit) Value so that you can generate a new registry value entry.
- After that, specify the name to the newly generated registry entry as AeroWindowFrameEnabled.
- Finally, just modify the AeroWindowFrameEnabled and set the values for 1 to enable and 0 to disable the Aero Window frame of Messenger (the Aero Effect on WL Messenger if the value set to 0 i.e. disabled now).
- The change effects will takes place after closing and re-opening the Windows Live Messenger main window and/or chat message window. We need not to come out from the MSN Messenger program.
Download process for the Windows Live Messenger Aero Frame Auto Switcher
The users who are not willing to edit the system registry directly will still be able to download the subsequent Windows Live Messenger Aero Frame Auto Switcher, and after that run the corresponding registry file to combine the value to registry in sequence to enable or disable Aero Frame Window feature in WLM.
The switcher.zip package comes with turn-off-WLMessenger-Aero-Frame.reg along with turn-on-WLMessenger-Aero-Frame.reg files. Double click on Disable-WLMessenger-Aero-Frame.reg to turn-off the new Aero approach WLM, and it will come back to traditional legacy Windows Live Messenger view without Aero Frame border. By double click on Enable-WLMessenger-Aero-Frame.reg we can revert to Windows Aero layout which has a kind of transparent frame border.