Simple Steps to Explore Google, Wikipedia or Yahoo from Windows Vista Instant Search Box
In the past, we used to waste our precious time while searching for useful and necessary information on Google, Yahoo or Wikipedia, which was by typing the keyword to perform the searching, after accessing the Google or Wikipedia or Yahoo homepage.
In Windows Vista you will be able to add search Google, Wikipedia or Yahoo option from Start Menu. The start menu contains Instant Search Box which helps you with dynamic search. You can type the keyword from the search box, and select to search either in Google, Wikipedia or Yahoo websites.
Follow the given steps to add Search Google, Wikipedia or Yahoo in the Start Menu Instant Search Box:
1. First of all click on Start and Run, in the box type gpedit.msc, then press enter key.
2. It with his play the User Account Control, now click to Continue button to proceed with launching of Local Group Policy Editor.
3. Go to User Configuration –> Administrative Templates –> Windows Components –> Instant Search –> Custom Instant Search Internet search provider, and now click on Properties to explore the properties window.
4. Select Setting tab and click on Enable to enable the policy setting.
5. Now on the text box of “DLL resource or the string”, type Search Wikipedia, Search Google, or Search Yahoo.
6. After that at “the URL to use while raising the custom-made internet search” text box, type the either one of the URL.
• For Google: http://www.google.com/search?q=%w
• For Yahoo: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%w
• For Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%w
7. Finally click OK button to save the setting.