Things that you should know about trackbacks
If you have liked any post by different authors and you are very much interested continuing the discussion, then you have to inform the concerned author about it. Informing any other authors about liking their posts and participating in the discussions is known as trackback. In wordpress, you will get a built-in feature whereas in blogger, this task needs to be done manually.
Now, let us see how this things work. It is a duplex communication, which allows transfer of communication from end to another. With the help of trackback you don’t need to send any personal mails to the author, trackback takes care of these things.
- Suppose your blog name is ABC.com
- While browsing through the WebPages, you liked a post on XYZ.com
- Now you want to post an article on the same topic and add some more information on your site ABC.com
- After making a post in your site, that is ABC.com, you need to send trackback to author’s site, which is XYZ.com.
- Then, all you need to do is to publish your post. Once your post has been published it will automatically search for author of XYZ.com site and automatically send a trackback. Isn’t it simple?
- Your SEO efforts will yield better results with this methodology.
There are certain things that you should bear in mind while using trackback as mentioned below:
- Trackback feature should be on the blogs of both the parties.
- In order to send trackback successfully you need the trackback URL of that particular post. Remember, trackback URL and post’s URL are not same.
- In trackback field of your blog, you have to mention the trackback URL of the site where you like to share your post
If you are a wordpress user, then all the above procedure are present by default. You don’t have to do anything manually which saves time and is a plus point.