Windows 7 – Create And Add New Libraries
Microsoft has introduced an excellent new feature in Windows 7 known as “Libraries” which helps you organize and manage your data in a systematic manner. By default, Windows 7 comes with a number of Libraries such as Contacts, Communications, Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Videos and Music. Vista users might also be pretty familiar with these names.
However, Windows 7 Libraries are somewhat different by nature. Windows 7 Libraries are not just individual folders but every library folder is a collection of assorted folders. Every Library is customized to store specific content. For Example, you will find the URL links of your downloaded files stored within the Download Library.
If you feel that the built-in Libraries are not enough and you have some specific needs, Windows 7 Operating System offers you with the option of adding more Libraries as per your preference. To add a new Library to the Windows 7 Libraries List, you need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- Click on the “Windows Orb” present on your taskbar. Go to “Accessories” and then to “Windows Explorer and open “Libraries”. Alternatively, click on the start button to display the Start Menu and click on your user name. From your personal folder that opens, click on Libraries.
- In the Libraries Window, place your mouse-pointer on an empty space and right click to display the right-click context menu.
- Go to the option “New” in the context menu and select “Library”.
- Give a name to your new Library.
- Now that you have created a Library, you need to decide on what to include in your new Library. You need to simply right-click on the library and select the option “Properties”.
- Next, you need to click on the button “Add” and browse to choose a folder/directory to be included in the library. Once the folder is been selected, click on the button “Include Folder”. Repeat this step if you wish to add more directories to the library.
- For optimizing the library, click on the dropdown that allows you to optimize the library for correct type of content such as Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, Internet or General Items. Select the preferred type of optimization.
- If you do not want the new Library to be displayed inside the Navigation Pane, simply uncheck the checkbox for the option that allows you to show the library within the Navigation Pane.
[…] windows operating system has a very useful feature of upgrading windows Operating System automatically to enhance its performance and efficiency. However once you upgrade your windows […]