Windows 7 or Vista Installation Procedure on Computers without Using the DVD
Nowadays people are getting media-less Windows 7 and Vista licenses, where they just get an authentication certificate with genuine product key. This is really nice option for people who prefer quicker access to latest releases. Therefore, many people download the mirror image of windows DVD ISO from the websites.
It is very economical way to have soft copy of installation of windows when compared to having a external media copy which is more costly. People will need to have windows installation soft copy in ISO format. You can also burn it on DVD disc to use it for installation by inserting CD/DVD into DVD/CD drive to start installation process. In order to complete this process without the DVD, one has to have virtual box, virtual server.
However, for the users who do not have WinPE startup disc and does not wants to burn ISO on DVD disc, here is the method to install windows 7 and vista into computer’s hardware instantly with ISO without burning it on CD or DVD disc. This method can come really handy sometimes, especially during RC and beat period of new OS in making.
Here below, you will get iterative steps to know about how to install windows vista and windows 7 without DVD drive. It is the tutorial guide which takes you to the new advancement of technology.
By using this method, you can format your existing operating system and install fresh copy of operating system your computer. All you need is to just follow these instructions carefully and properly.
Here are the steps to follow:
1. Install virtual DVD/CD drive on your existing operating system
2. Build up the windows vista installation DVD ISO image using virtual drive
3. Now copy all files inside virtual DVD/CD drive, which is into some folder on partition of your hard disk to utilize it, in order to install operating system
4. Copy boot and bootmgr folders that presents in copied folder, to insert it in root directory of computer system boot drive.
For vista users:
Copy bootmgr folder from E:\Windows7 to C:\ root directory, copy
E:\Windows7\boot\boot.sdi file to same folder in C:\boot folder, and then copy bootsect.exe from the E:\Windows7\boot\ folder to C:\ drive.
5. Make new folder and rename it as an as sources under rot folder
6. Copy boot.win file inside\windows7\sources folder, which is to the source folder created in operating boot drive.
7. Now start command prompt(cmd) as administrator
8. Run this following command( you can change it C drive according to your configuration)
C:\boot\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:
For vista users:
C:\bootsect.exe /nt60 C:
9. Alter the label or name of boot system’s hard disk or partition to BDC, or you can choose any name which you can remember easily and type.
10. Reboot your computer
11. After booting computer will start installation process. Now select appropriate language to install and change some other settings according to your requirements
12. There is more important fact which is very vital. On the screen, the users will get install widows operating system option, but make sure that you do not click on that option. User need to click on Repair my computer link at the bottom of left corner. It means do not press install windows button
13. After clicking on recovery option, the user need to click on command prompt
14. Just run the format command that clean the hard disk- format c:/q
15. Once format completed, just start installation process of windows 7 or vista by running setup.exe manually from the copied folder. Remember this one is not located on boot drive which was created in first step. It was copied in other drive.
16. Now just relax your tensed muscles, and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.