How to Disable Windows Unnecessary Services?
Services are those programs, which continuously run at windows background and these accomplishes various tasks, necessary for running windows correctly. There are plenty of such services, which are able to utilize many resources. The great thing is that many services out of these are useless and can be disabled without any difficulty. You can check out the list of the services and focus on the description to decide whether they are useful or not. You can also enable the service if you need them, which were previously turned off. These are the steps to follow for disabling the window services.
- Go to Start Click > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services. Alternatively, you can also follow
Start > Run > type the service name
- Now Click on the Services
- Then, you will have to read the service description to decide which service is useful and which is not, so that you can disable it.
- After deciding about the service that you would like to disable Right Click > Properties > Change “Startup Type” to “Manual” after that click stop the service.
- After the next restart, the service disabled by you will not appear.
These are the some of the service, which you can disable without any difficulty.
- Computer Browser
- Automatic Update
- Help and Support
- Indexing Service
- Secondary Logon
- Task Scheduler
- Error Reporting
- Remote Registry
- Protect Storage
- Routing and Remote Access
- Net meeting
Windows services are necessary for running it efficiently. As per our opinion, you should not disable the service to prevent you system from damage. If you disable some vital service, then your computer might not work efficiently. It is recommended that you should not turn off the services.