Workaround Or Trick To ‘Unpin’ System Folders From Windows7 Start-Menu
Computer programmers have found a new trick on Windows7 Operating System to support individuals in removing or unpin the standard Icons if user wishes to, like Control Panel, Recycle Bin, Computer and Network.
These are the major icons present on the desktop screen with other folder shortcuts or application programs. These cannot be removed or unpinned from Start-Menu in Win7 Operating System, once the user has pinned it to Start-Menu.
Removal of these Icons from the desktop screen is subjected to deletion of the registry key files named “.Favorites.” in “.Start Page.” Registry Key and there is no alternate command or option to remove the program from start listing.
To remove or unpin these programs few set of steps required are as follows:
- First of all an individual needs to Run-Registry-Editor (‘Reg-Edit’), and then locate or navigate to the below registry key: (“HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartPage”)
- Now, on the right hand side’s pane, Select and delete the Favorites Registry Entry.
- Then Reboot the computer for changes to take effect.
- Hence, the start menu will be automatically reset to factory settings without any of the user’s pinned programs.
- In lieu, simply make a back up of the registry files: (“reset_pin_to_start_menu.zip”) and (“run reset_pin_to_start_menu.reg”) as administrator for auto deletion of the registry values.
However, it is necessary for individuals to know that all pinned programs on Start-Menu can be unpinned or deleted. Individuals are required to Re-pin the programs which they want to view on their Start Menu for good.